I have had this lamp for 12 years. It was a gift from my Mom when I moved into my first apartment. It’s made it through a few moves without a single blemish. Admittedly, the last couple years it’s been hiding in our spare room — not really “fitting in” anywhere. It’s time for a re-invention…
This is the original:
Great shade, just very… blue.
I found this drum shade at Walmart, for a grand total of $12.99
The two shades need different connectors, and after a quick trip to Rona, I found what I needed for around $5.
My lamp base didn’t allow me to take the entire lamp apart in order to slip the base of the harp support over the shade connector. So I needed to make a simple and easy modification.
I placed the harp base into a vise grip and used a hacksaw to slice a portion away so I could slip it horizontally into place.
Now it easily slips into place without needing to disassemble (potentially destroy) my entire lamp base.
Here it is in place:
All that’s left to do is pop the top portion of the harp on and install the new drum shade. A completely new look, and no more need to “hide”. All for around $18. Not too shabby.