There’s only one week left in the One Room Challenge! I can’t wait to spill the beans and share the whole thing next week, but for today I’m talking bath accessories! I was so inspired by the restrooms in restaurants within heritage buildings, where the history is evident but they’ve been modernized. You can almost see the layers of paint applied over the years, but they are also completely on trend. They’re both masculine and feminine, and somehow feel so homey and as if it was put together specifically for you — comfortable and welcoming.
Our main bath — a full bath, will truly be a guest space once we finish both new en-suites on the main floor (new since the big reno). I wanted our guest bathroom to feel like a special little powder room, and make our guests feel welcome to use what they may, and feel refreshed whether they’re staying with us overnight, or just hanging out for a dinner party.
These were some of the gems I found along the way…
- Shower Curtain – from the Samantha Pynn line, at Simons
- Candle – so fresh, and spotted at HomeSense
- Wood Tray – perfect for keeping things organized, found at Superstore
- Faux Succulent – a DIY project with a succulent from HomeSense, and metal dish from Superstore
- Glass Storage Canister – a great pairing to the wooden tray, bought at Superstore
- Wire Basket – perfectly rustic and modern at the same time, found at Simons
This candle smells just as you’d expect it to, and it is so refreshing. Never mind, it had the most perfect black packaging that was right up my alley!
I can’t wait to fill the jars, and straighten the mess, and pull all the finishing touches together for the big reveal next week! That black wall has turned out better than I imagined! If you need to get caught up on this Fall’s ORC, be sure to check out these links…