The lovely Anna from Annabode nominated me for a Liebster Award! If you haven’t heard of the Liebster Award, it’s a friendly way of recognizing fellow new(ish) bloggers while learning a bit more about them. It’s also a great way to discover new blogs! Thank you Anna!
The rules are:
- You must link back to the blogger who nominated you
- You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominating blogger
- You must nominate 11 blogs with a relatively small following
- You must give 11 questions to your nominees
- You must notify your nominees
Here are my answers to Anna’s 11 questions.
- How long have you been blogging?
Hmm… how long have I been blogging, or how long have I owned my domain? My blog started in a time of flux. I was going through a big career change, and making myself a little crazy waiting on the adoption of our daughter. It was keeping me busy and allowing me to share my projects with loved ones. Since this past October, I’ve made the push to make this something… more. And, now I can’t live without it.
- If you could trade homes with another blogger, whose would it be?
I don’t know about trading, but I could stay a good long while, over at Inspired by Charm.
- Are you a city, suburbs, or country kind of girl?
City or Country — right now I’m living the best of both worlds on our acreage a few minutes outside of town. Privacy, quiet, but close to everything! Perfection.
- What inspires you?
Wandering. Trails on a Sunny day, or the plumbing aisle at the hardware store. I move, I plan, I make. (This post may contain affiliate links. This means, should you end up making a purchase, advertisers give me a small percentage of that sale, at absolutely NO EXTRA COST to you. Click here for full disclosures).
- When do you do most of your blogging?
Surprise! After the Kid is in bed — well, the writing part anyway. The projects can happen anytime, anywhere. The Kiddo has been known to get in on the action now and then.
- What are 3 of your goals for 2015?
Be kind to myself. Reach out to the people I admire in the blogging community (even when I feel like a giant nerd, doing it). Be consistent.
- Salty or sweet?
SALTY!! Sorry, was I shouting? *A-hem* … Salty.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
We have been SO fortunate to have been able to do some pretty fantastic traveling in our day. The trouble with that — it makes it impossible to pick just one place. But I’ll say this… I’d love to have a year, in a city with a long history, old architecture, fresh food, and a predictable climate, where I could embarrass myself with my terrible language skills, everywhere we go.
- Choose a superpower.
Slow down time… y’know where everything/everyone around me almost stops, but I’m still moving around in ‘real’ time? Yeah, that would be cool.
- Favorite source for home decor?
When hunting, Pinterest. When buying, thrift shops and Homesense.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since you started blogging?
Being embraced by a fantastic community of bloggers. Like, whoa — I cannot believe how many supportive, intelligent, creative people make up this new world I’m living in.
Now, for the fun part… I nominate (in no particular order):
- For My Love Of
- Table + Hearth
- Petite Modern Life
- DIY Beautify
- Little House of Four
- Bigger Than the Three of Us
- The Crazy Craft Lady
- The Heathered Nest
- Average But Inspired
- Meet the B’s
- Dwelling in Happiness
Phew, done! Now it’s your turn, my lovely nominees. Here are your questions:
- Why do you blog?
- Breakfast or Dinner?
- What is your favourite DIY project to date?
- What’s your fav social media platform?
- Name one thing that’s on your bucket list.
- What is the last thing you do before you fall asleep at night?
- What’s your go-to movie snack?
- Coffee or Tea?
- If you could get back one toy from your childhood, what would it be?
- What make/model was your first car?
- Name one thing you cannot live without.
If you liked this interview, follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook and we can get to know each other even better! Make sure to click through to Anna’s blog and my nominee pages — they are all pretty amazing.